December 1, 2016

November 2016 Wrap up

November 2016 wrap up
Did you know I'm hosting a book challenge on Instagram? I'll be posting a photo a day all through December and it's going to be so much fun! I wrote a full blog post on it, you can find it here.

Books read this month

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: the Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling // 4 stars

I'm in the worst slump right now. Nothing can hold my attention since Crooked Kingdom. I don't sit and read for hours like I'm used to doing and when I'm reading I'm already thinking about when I can put the book down. I absolutely hate this because I really want to read but I just can't.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

TV // movies // music

I thought it was about time I started educating myself so I've seen a couple of documentaries this month. They all had an immense effect on my way of thinking.
People have been talking about this documentary for a while and I watched it out of curiosity. Not even 10 minutes in and I'm doubting my eating behaviour. What this doc tries to tell you has been kept from the media so I can assure you that this isn't 'another explanation of the green house effect'. I recommend you watch this if you are interested in the impact of agriculture on our planet. Graphic content is minimal (one or two scenes).
This is a National Geographic documentary produced by Leonardo DiCaprio, who is an environmental activist and has been for years. In “Before the Flood” he travels the world and talks with various people about what has been happening to our planet and what we can do to save it. What we’ve been doing to this planet made me want to cry ugly tears. If this isn’t an eye opener about climate change, I don’t what is anymore.

Besides documentaries I've also watched lectures online.
This one was sent to me by a friend in lieu of my watching Cowspiracy. This activist talks about why you should go vegan. I think this was a very interesting lecture as it tought me about all the things we put inside our bodies when we eat meat/dairy. It absolutely disgusted me. He shows 2 different videos during this speech which are very graphic and disturbing.

Since becoming more aware of the effects of animal based food I've been looking at alternatives so I can change my diet. I've been eating less meat this month which I feel very good about but at the same time it's been affecting my health. I haven't found the alternatives to everything yet so I think I haven't been getting enough vitamins in my body. It's hard when everyone around you is still eating meat and dairy. It's also inconvenient. I try and eat vegetarian when I can. I'm also trying to find the right foods so I get all the vitamins I need.

On a different note, it's December! 24 days till Christmas! Here are a few Christmas playlists/albums I really enjoy listening to. Sorry if you don't have Spotify! (you should really get it though because it's awesomesauce)


Here's some other music I've found in November and loved.




Let’s talk! What have you been up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM